Tesla Motors Talk

Remember se

Remember friends that were day traders back then. All lost everything.
Prior to the invent of all these trading platforms, a very large percentage of stocks, commodities, currencies were only traded by banks, investment banks hedge funds and the like.. Spent a generation doing this successfully- Then deregulation, mergers, acquisitions etc changed the platform for everyone- open an account with next to nothing, leverage it xxxx times and it’s off to the races...small fortunes are being made and lost, but in the end, I truly believe steady as she goes is the smart play.
The day of reckoning is coming—

Tesla vs Mach E

I have not driven a Tesla, but have taken the Mach E for a spin. Incredible performance and reasonably priced ( assuming one can get the federal tax credit)… compared to Tesla…

Center console is somewhat flat which makes car dates very doable!! Can’t say though if I would be a pin out cruising through Hempstead :)

I think any "true blue" mustang enthusiast would think it's disgusting that a mustang, an original muscle car, shares badging with an E car that is horrific looking.
When the E car beats the muscle cars a$$ in a race would you sing a different song. Too many moving parts to break or wear out. Guys put motors blowers turbos inter coolers cams heads trannys rearends headers etc for what ?

The Mach E is....interesting looking. I'm a lifelong Ford guy (87 Topaz, 90 Tempo, 96 Contour, 07 Fusion and now 14 Fusion Hybrid) and if my circumstances were different, I'd definitely consider a Mach E. Beyond not being able to afford one right now, I have no way of charging the Mach E because I park my car across the road in one of the designated parking spots in the condo complex I presently live in. That's why I prefer hybrids: no range anxiety and no need for cords to recharge. That being said, my Fusion Hybrid's MPG is 45.7 with 264,750 miles--still the original hybrid battery, transmission, alternator, fuel pump, exhaust system. Only things that have worn out are the usual: brakes, suspension parts and the like.

I think Teslas look great and would definitely consider them if I lived in a different location where I could charge the car from my home. Yesterday, I saw a Tesla Model X in what must have been a custom Pine Green color. Wow, was it wildly inappropriate. No wonder that color is not a factory option!

The Mach E is....interesting looking. I'm a lifelong Ford guy (87 Topaz, 90 Tempo, 96 Contour, 07 Fusion and now 14 Fusion Hybrid) and if my circumstances were different, I'd definitely consider a Mach E. Beyond not being able to afford one right now, I have no way of charging the Mach E because I park my car across the road in one of the designated parking spots in the condo complex I presently live in. That's why I prefer hybrids: no range anxiety and no need for cords to recharge. That being said, my Fusion Hybrid's MPG is 45.7 with 264,750 miles--still the original hybrid battery, transmission, alternator, fuel pump, exhaust system. Only things that have worn out are the usual: brakes, suspension parts and the like.

I think Teslas look great and would definitely consider them if I lived in a different location where I could charge the car from my home. Yesterday, I saw a Tesla Model X in what must have been a custom Pine Green color. Wow, was it wildly inappropriate. No wonder that color is not a factory option!
That’s a lot of driving !!!I think you are quite fortunate to have a hybrid that has offered you such reliability and service

When the E car beats the muscle cars a$$ in a race would you sing a different song. Too many moving parts to break or wear out. Guys put motors blowers turbos inter coolers cams heads trannys rearends headers etc for what ?

The look of the car has nothing to do with the output of it, you completely missed the point.

But... I like working on cars, turning a wrench. A lot of cars could beat a muscle car in a race. I don't want most of them. You must not be a "grease monkey" if you don't get why people like putting in motors, blowers, turbos and etc in cars. For some it's a hobby or passion. Some enjoy it more than plugging and in plugging a toaster.

The look of the car has nothing to do with the output of it, you completely missed the point.

But... I like working on cars, turning a wrench. A lot of cars could beat a muscle car in a race. I don't want most of them. You must not be a "grease monkey" if you don't get why people like putting in motors, blowers, turbos and etc in cars. For some it's a hobby or passion. Some enjoy it more than plugging and in plugging a toaster.
Yeah, think about it: the next generation of "grease monkey" is going to be a coder. To each their own, I guess.

Wow, you bought all the finest cars ford has had to offer.
HA!!!! They were the finest for me! I was never an SUV or pickup kinda guy, and the full-sized Taurus and LTDs were all too big for me. This size fit me and my needs just fine. If I were to get a Tesla, it would be a Model 3--bland as it is--because of the size. The replacement for my Fusion is supposed to be the Fusion Active Sport wagon, which is going to be around the same size of a Subaru Outback. If they follow through with their plans of having two screens that span the length of the entire dashboard and a hybrid version, then that's my next car in about five years. That's how much longer I want to hang on to my present Fusion.