Money and Investing (formerly Pfizer Stock prices)

With the changing of the guard and what appears to be shift to the left in the Senate, I’ll be reducing my equity exposure for now.. Can’t say what things will look like in a few years, but I do believe that many of the policies enacted in the past few years which led to extraordinary gains may be reversed..
Just mho...
Thoughts or other defensive moves fellas?

pokler

Power Bottom
With the changing of the guard and what appears to be shift to the left in the Senate, I’ll be reducing my equity exposure for now.. Can’t say what things will look like in a few years, but I do believe that many of the policies enacted in the past few years which led to extraordinary gains may be reversed..
Just mho...
Ask your FA about structured notes which are based on an underlying index like the S&P 500. You'll get like 8% but with 30% or so protection. As long as market doesn't drop by 30% you get 8%. If it does you participate on losses which you'd of done anyway if you were in the market.

pokler

Power Bottom
Ask your FA about structured notes which are based on an underlying index like the S&P 500. You'll get like 8% but with 30% or so protection. As long as market doesn't drop by 30% you get 8%. If it does you participate on losses which you'd of done anyway if you were in the market.
There are many varieties of these and some are based on stocks and pay much more .

Just mho...
I mentioned in posts above about interview with expert Ed Hyman (post #116). The interview was in Dec 2020 and the question was his opinion on what will happen if the Dems win both seats in Georgia runoff.

Well looks kike they one at least one of the seats and may very well when both.

Anyway, Hyman said that if Dems when both seats the market will "drop 5 to 10% in a heartbeat".

Well a of 11:47am DOW is up 493 and S&P up 42.
So much for the expert's view.

MOD: I did not intend this post to violate rule on no politics (and do not think it does) as I am not debating whether the election result is right or wrong but merely commenting on relying on experts for financial advice. Period.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I mentioned in posts above about interview with expert Ed Hyman (post #116). The interview was in Dec 2020 and the question was his opinion on what will happen if the Dems win both seats in Georgia runoff.

Anyway, Hyman said that if Dems when both seats the market will "drop 5 to 10% in a heartbeat".

MOD: I did not intend this post to violate rule on no politics (and do not think it does) as I am not debating whether the election result is right or wrong but merely commenting on relying on experts for financial advice. Period.
You're good.

Spot on...

SMH this morning-
Eventually the ‘experts’ will play Monday morning QB and justify the move. Better off in Vegas

Sitting in front of my screen thankful I’m invested in cannabis stocks!!

The latest rallies...
Chalk it up to the expectations of more stimulus money ( much greater likelihood now then pre Georgia election), amongst other things...
Make no mistake, the day of reckoning is going to come.. From what levels, IDK- My monger crystal ball is cracked..
I bought Put options in the S&P a week or so back and am down 40%...

Bitcoin, Tesla and those other high flyers... Gd Bless Ya if you made a killing or have the balls to buy here..

I’ll save my balls for the beautiful ladies of UG

pokler

Power Bottom
The latest rallies...
Chalk it up to the expectations of more stimulus money ( much greater likelihood now then pre Georgia election), amongst other things...
Make no mistake, the day of reckoning is going to come.. From what levels, IDK- My monger crystal ball is cracked..

Bitcoin, Tesla and those other high flyers... Gd Bless Ya if you made a killing or have the balls to buy here..

Tell that FA of yours to get on the ball!
You need him to make you money so you can keep buying more pussy.
Put him in contact with Pokler so he can learn from the master on how to recycle dividends and cap gains into blow jobs and rim jobs.

The latest rallies...

Yes, but looking back, if I had spent just half of what I spend on pussy for 2 years,and held until now, I'd have almost 3 million dollars.

Stupid to think about of course .eg "if I spent no money for this many years, Id have this blah blah", but that would have been a nice windfall in such a relatively short period of time, from doing something that definitely would have been a nice substitute addiction.

Tell that FA of yours to get on the ball!
You need him to make you money so you can keep buying more pussy.
Put him in contact with Pokler so he can learn from the master on how to recycle dividends and cap gains into blow jobs and rim jobs.
Don’t talk about my FA like that- She is 20 years my junior, a 9/10 in looks and a spinner body I dream about. I’ll take a zero return for a BJ/Rim and fuck

The latest rallies...
I bought Put options in the S&P a week or so back and am down 40%.....
Since I'm a firm believe that nobody can time the market I took nobody's advice and did absolutely nothing and watched my portfolio increase about 6% since Jan 1. S&P was up 2.74% same period.
Yeah, some day the "day of reckoning is going to come". And as John Maynard Keynes said “In the long run we are all dead.”

Back in 1999 I was involved in an IPO and on a road show with the tech fund manager. I talked and talked about how over valued I thought the markets were and asked his thoughts. He said very simply, “I learned long ago to make as much money as I can while the market let’s me, and just be thankful.” This could last another cpl years or end in a week. Ya have to set ceilings and floors based on your best educated guess of value. Floors are the more important at the moment.

My S&P put option purchased a few weeks ago looks like shit- lost 1/2 it’s value...

I’ll be first to admit my timing sucks, but I still think a correct is coming...

From where though..?
The million dollar question.

My S&P put option purchased a few weeks ago looks like shit- lost 1/2 it’s value...

I’ll be first to admit my timing sucks, but I still think a correct is coming...

From where though..?
My belief is there is a lot of hope built in the price of the market between a normal world starting to come back with vaccines and the government adding all this money into the economy with stimulus packages.

The market dip will happen when govt stops holding economy up and people realize the economy is truly hurt by all the closures and lack of travel in this world.

Id expect a pull back 3rd/4th quarter of 2021

...I’ll be first to admit my timing sucks, but I still think a correct is coming.....
You are absolutely 100% correct — a correction is coming.
The question is whether it will start tomorrow, or perhaps after the market has zig-zaged up 10% sometime this year, or perhaps after the market has been flat for a while, or perhaps after the market has zig-zaged up 25% over the next 3 years?
I, for one,have no idea which is why I just reinvest dividends and sit tight. Worked pretty good for past 45 years for me.

pokler

Power Bottom

From where though..?
I'm certainly not one to say I told you so .. BUT.. I did say this to you in post 19 when you were talking scared...

During the past 6 months there were plenty of times you could of made the case that scary news is coming and Market is too high .
Each time you'd of lost big time buying puts and this is no different .