TOFTT - bad idea or noble gesture?

pokler

Power Bottom
Mod note: to give perspective this post was moved from the LI Bust thread.

This is just another piece of evidence to the proof the point I've been making for years now on these pages .. never ever TOFTT

billyS just hit the nail on the head. Hey, we all want to see well reviewed four star providers, but sometimes we all try to find that hidden gem. Sometimes its awesome and we share our reviews, sometimes its awesome and we keep this new found prize to ourselves for a while before reviewing. But when the experience really becomes a TOFTT situation, we really need to know about it. It's like when you go to a restaurant and have a great meal, you tell 3-4 people about it. You go out and have a bad meal and you tell 10 people about it.
It's kinda like yelp, but it's more of a Brotherhood around here. Thanks Mods for keeping this place going. The end.............

pokler

Power Bottom
Which of course goes against everything this board stands for.
And for me that's a good thing. I can stay home safely , lay around on my fat ass , smoke a stogie and jerk off while some other sucker is out risking arrest and robbery as he TOFTT. Then I can take my time and read his review and benefit from all his hard work as I decide if I want to see her. Now if you'll excuse me I need to find a rag to wipe some gizz off my fingers.

I have TOFTT.... it seems appropriate as I have benefitted from others doing the same. That is the purpose behind UG. If I have an unpleasant experience I would want others to know and save them the trouble, especially if the trouble was potentially dangerous such as LE, a pimp, or a fraud.

And for me that's a good thing. I can stay home safely , lay around on my fat ass , smoke a stogie and jerk off while some other sucker is out risking arrest and robbery as he TOFTT. Then I can take my time and read his review and benefit from all his hard work as I decide if I want to see her. Now if you'll excuse me I need to find a rag to wipe some gizz off my fingers.
What confuses me is you seem to discourage toftt when you benefit so much from it. Seems you’d be better off letting the toftt guys keep up the good work.

pokler

Power Bottom
What confuses me is you seem to discourage toftt when you benefit so much from it. Seems you’d be better off letting the toftt guys keep up the good work.
Look at it as a public service announcement on my part. I've been saying this for years and I've no doubt have saved some guys who have heeded my advice from getting busted .
Of coarse many will still TOFTT which benefits me.

You make a valid point.
However it seems that you may be assuming that some guys TOFFT in terms of camaraderie with other mongers.

For me it's not that at all — my motive may be more the excitement I get from the risk.

I think I'm missing something.

You don't know you're TOFTT until after the bad experience happened right?

If you take a chance and see someone new and they were the best thing ever you didn't take one for the team.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

If you take a chance and see someone new and they were the best thing ever you didn't take one for the team.
I thought it was bringing a new girl to the board... finding an online ad, no reviews on UG, so you TOFTT to see if you can share her or warn everyone...

pokler

Power Bottom

Agree . But I'll let someone else take the risk of arrest , me.