India

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
One time several years ago I was sitting in Mickey the Milfs apartment when she was operating "Ophelias" out of there. I am in the living room and ?Pam? (Typical bubble headed bleached blonde stripper type) is leafing through some magazine. Marylin walks out of the bedroom (Marylin was bit older, had worked at Julie's for a long time and was known for being "accommodating"...... as in sticking her tongue so far up a guys ass it came put his nose) and Pam says "Marylin. ... you're India". Now all of us knew this was going to be something good, so we waited...... and everyone looked at her like "So?" And finally she says "You know...... like in India they have all these diseases so everyone is immune? So you're like India."

Thank you. I agree. I was also in India up north where the Ganga River sourced. I drank from the ice cold melting glacier runoffs and seldom ate, just like the locals, drank the mineral rich waters.

Then upon leaving, spent a few days in Delhi. (OMG) Apparently as that same river flows down through India towards the Ocean where she empties, everything is dumped into it: cows, grandparents, urine, fecal matter, everything and by the time those same waters reach Delhi, she is flowing like mud.

I obviously was very careful in Delhi, but one drop was all it took, a drop from a shower, washed and cut fruit, brushing your teeth -- I got it, DELHI BELLY ---- non-stop diarrhea, muscle aches, colon exploding to the point of all you could do is literally laugh and hold on for dear life and observe the power of the internal explosions, chills, fevers, weakness.

On my next visit to India, no problem at all. I was immunized by my previous visit. Only, the next time there was an outbreak of "BLACK DEATH," Bubonic plague. I was quarantined at Kennedy for that one. And on that visit, I was sent to India on an emergent basis with no time to take the necessary vaccines which were highly recommended especially for hepatitis and my friend caught that one.

Now, I face the Coronavirus in Asia. Hopefully in my game of Russian roulette, I dodge another bullet.

Thank you. I agree. I was also in India up north where the Ganga River sourced. I drank from the ice cold melting glacier runoffs and seldom ate, just like the locals, drank the mineral rich waters.

Then upon leaving, spent a few days in Delhi. (OMG) Apparently as that same river flows down through India towards the Ocean where she empties, everything is dumped into it: cows, grandparents, urine, fecal matter, everything and by the time those same waters reach Delhi, she is flowing like mud.

I obviously was very careful in Delhi, but one drop was all it took, a drop from a shower, washed and cut fruit, brushing your teeth -- I got it, DELHI BELLY ---- non-stop diarrhea, muscle aches, colon exploding to the point of all you could do is literally laugh and hold on for dear life and observe the power of the internal explosions, chills, fevers, weakness.

On my next visit to India, no problem at all. I was immunized by my previous visit. Only, the next time there was an outbreak of "BLACK DEATH," Bubonic plague. I was quarantined at Kennedy for that one. And on that visit, I was sent to India on an emergent basis with no time to take the necessary vaccines which were highly recommended especially for hepatitis and my friend caught that one.

Now, I face the Coronavirus in Asia. Hopefully in my game of Russian roulette, I dodge another bullet.
Keep us updated on COVID-19 in Asia. Thanks

Really. We need a thread for this? I’m indian and I’m not even offended but just have to say this is dumb to keep up.

also India isn’t all about diseases

In no way at all am I saying that India is only about disease. Every country has disease whether it be of the body or mind.

I spent much time in India and studied Upanishads and Vedas. I saw people, human beings with abilities that I will not even mention here because it would not be believed.

There are bacterium and viruses everywhere. I am only saying that the India system has acquired a great immunity.

It is very easy to misinterpret a statement. Please do not be offended.

The spirituality of India is probably the most respected in all the entire world because of its leniency, freedom and non-judgmental attitude. I have met so many Indians with far superior manners and English to my own. I have stayed in India for long stretches. I often ate my bananas (a variety so sweet, creamy and meaty, that they were more like eating a custard) with a community of monkeys surrounding me. I preferred their company to the Americans I was with.

You are from a rich heritage, Liveandlearn, that again is reinventing herself and on the rise.

In no way at all am I saying that India is only about disease. Every country has disease whether it be of the body or mind.

I spent much time in India and studied Upanishads and Vedas. I saw people, human beings with abilities that I will not even mention here because it would not be believed.

There are bacterium and viruses everywhere. I am only saying that the India system has acquired a great immunity.

It is very easy to misinterpret a statement. Please do not be offended.

The spirituality of India is probably the most respected in all the entire world because of its leniency, freedom and non-judgmental attitude. I have met so many Indians with far superior manners and English to my own. I have stayed in India for long stretches. I often ate my bananas (a variety so sweet, creamy and meaty, that they were more like eating a custard) with a community of monkeys surrounding me. I preferred their company to the Americans I was with.

You are from a rich heritage, Liveandlearn, that again is reinventing herself and on the rise.
Thanks. Well said

I agree the Ganges River is a Holy River, but severely polluted. Custom is to float dead bodies down the river. Guess it’s a Religious ceremony.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree the Ganges River is a Holy River, but severely polluted. Custom is to float dead bodies down the river. Guess it’s a Religious ceremony.
The real problem is that they shit and piss in their own drinking water.
Their sanitary habits are atrocious.
They walk down a road and when the urge to defecate hits them they just walk off into the tall grass, hike up their robe, squat and leave a load. There is no such thing as toilet paper there.

Not the dead bodies sir. It’s ashes or whatever left after cremation. This is how Funeral system works in Hindus. According to Hindu belief, human body is made of 5 elements. Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. That’s why they burn bodies in Fire so that whatsoever belongs to fire goes back to fire, Air and Space and ashes get mixed in earth and remaining parts I.e bones etc goes to Ganges River. Once body is totally surrender to origin, now Soul have no way to come back to move towards the next destination which is to God.

More you can read here..

www.encyclopedia.com/medicine/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/hinduism-and-body

Not the dead bodies sir. It’s ashes or whatever left after cremation. This is how Funeral system works in Hindus. According to Hindu belief, human body is made of 5 elements. Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. That’s why they burn bodies in Fire so that whatsoever belongs to fire goes back to fire, Air and Space and ashes get mixed in earth and remaining parts I.e bones etc goes to Ganges River. Once body is totally surrender to origin, now Soul have no way to come back to move towards the next destination which is to God.

More you can read here..

www.encyclopedia.com/medicine/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/hinduism-and-body
Yes, it is a beautiful circle of life. It is just that in rural India, nothing is hidden. You will suddenly see life the way that it really is. I have seen people dying on the side of the street but being held and loved in such a decent and accepting way. The body seems so easy to be relinquished and it is such a natural final process that almost brings joy that the eternal spirit is returning this borrowed mechanism back to the earth from which it came. It is all the more true and harmonious, especially since that body exclusively grew from the local grasses, fruits and vegetables of that village and it seems so understandable and fitting that those constituents should return to the local soil if not cremated to nourish the land again.

Upon entry into a rural village in India at about 4:00 AM down a dirt road dividing a farm, I saw about 100 women in the fields to the right of the road and about 100 men in the fields to the left of the road, all squatting naked in the fields performing their morning defecation. All perfect slim brown bodies in harmony, relieving themselves together of the remnants of yesterday's rice and fertilizing the fields. (It seemed strange at first but I just thought of my grandfather using horse manure for his garden.)

But the most puzzling thought came to me of how they all had the same urge at the same time? And I was told that as a village they are so in harmony with the earth and their neighbors that their habits are so similar. So, they all eat about the same amount of vegetation and all work at the same farming duties and all finally sleep at about the same time and all rise at about the same time and therefore, their biological need to defecate is in rhythm with everybody in the community.

And that human waste is definitely less toxic and more organic than the chemical poisons the farmers put into the soils in modern farming.

But dead bodies without being cremated have been ceremonially released into the Mother Ganga River. When the area was less populated, it was probably not a problem and again the bodies would wash into the ocean where the great salt content of the ocean could easily handle the decomposition and provided fish food, again assisting the circle of life.

In reality, modern cities are an abomination to health and not the traditional ways of India or any other country where traditional life still remains. Isn't it more grotesque to live in a small apartment in New York City where your kitchen is 3 feet away from your toilet and sometimes without a window and only an exhaust fan and human excrement traveling in plastic pipes throughout a large apartment complex into sewers?

It is just that with our modern minds, we are divorced from the natural ways of the earth that India and other rural lands still maintain.

There is a specific reason people live about twice as long today in first world countries as they did in only the 1800’s. Why it’s seventy instead of thirty-five in places where they don’t use raw, untreated, human faces as fertilizer and dump raw sewage into rivers used for drinking and bathing water.

I can’t romanticize the poverty, the unnecessary risk to human life and devastation backward facing rural cultures put on the existence of those forced to endure them. As problematic as modern living can be there are major benefits of living a 21st century existence over a 14th-19th century one (which century dependent on which backward facing rural community we are talking about).

billyS

Reign of Terror
There is a specific reason people live about twice as long today in first world countries as they did in only the 1800’s. Why it’s seventy instead of thirty-five in places where they don’t use raw, untreated, human faces as fertilizer and dump raw sewage into rivers used for drinking and bathing water.

I can’t romanticize the poverty, the unnecessary risk to human life and devastation backward facing rural cultures put on the existence of those forced to endure them. As problematic as modern living can be there are major benefits of living a 21st century existence over a 14th-19th century one (which century dependent on which backward facing rural community we are talking about).
Good to see you make a guest appearance.
Hope all is well.

Good to see you make a guest appearance.
Hope all is well.
Thanks. Likewise. I reached out for Slinky recently but got sideways with other things when he left a message in return. I have to call him back when I get local again (I’ve been out of state for a bit).

Wishing well...

In my experience living in a third world environment, it all only becomes problematic when the area becomes overpopulated and then the need for more sophisticated modern systems becomes necessary because of the overload on the area's surface.

As I climbed into higher attitudes of third world environments, the health and longevity of the human being far exceeded that of modern civilization.

In fact, the health was so superb that I could hardly keep up with men and women that I was 40 years younger than. Their bodies were so supple and energetic and even when falling, they bounced up like a rubber ball. In high altitudes with thin air that caused me to double over, 80 pound men anchored me.

I had a nice civilized protein rich diet and they were living off the wild and some local farmed rices and wheat but their stamina far-exceeded mine even though I trained by running, skipping rope and gym work.

Their ages were 90 and above with long flowing hair and oftentimes naked compared to my modern insulated clothes. They were barefoot without cuts. They were calm and peaceful, without worry. They were helpful and kind to me as a foreign guest.

Don't believe all you read. Sometime put yourself in the middle of it all and write your own book.

In my experience living in a third world environment, it all only becomes problematic when the area becomes overpopulated and then the need for more sophisticated modern systems becomes necessary because of the overload on the area's surface.

As I climbed into higher attitudes of third world environments, the health and longevity of the human being far exceeded that of modern civilization.

In fact, the health was so superb that I could hardly keep up with men and women that I was 40 years younger than. Their bodies were so supple and energetic and even when falling, they bounced up like a rubber ball. In high altitudes with thin air that caused me to double over, 80 pound men anchored me.

I had a nice civilized protein rich diet and they were living off the wild and some local farmed rices and wheat but their stamina far-exceeded mine even though I trained by running, skipping rope and gym work.

Their ages were 90 and above with long flowing hair and oftentimes naked compared to my modern insulated clothes. They were barefoot without cuts. They were calm and peaceful, without worry. They were helpful and kind to me as a foreign guest.

Don't believe all you read. Sometime put yourself in the middle of it all and write your own book.
Oh I don't.