Ink, how much is too much?

Question to the older members, does anyone remember the days when there were 3 types of people who were covered in tattoos? Sailors, bikers, and convicts? What's with these young women destroying themselves with all this ink? Was a time when if you had a tattoo on your forearm, you had to wear long sleeves to work, depending on your profession.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
Question to the older members, does anyone remember the days when there were 3 types of people who were covered in tattoos? Sailors, bikers, and convicts? What's with these young women destroying themselves with all this ink? Was a time when if you had a tattoo on your forearm, you had to wear long sleeves to work, depending on your profession.
Not for nothing you may consider it destroying but it can also be hella sexy on the right chic. I love all types of females, im attracted to plain Jane's and tatted pin up suicide type girls. What i don't like are the ghetto or jail house type tattoos on a girl, i prefer a sexy sleeve.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Thank you.
They are studying to be artisanal hipster chefs.

Not for nothing you may consider it destroying but it can also be hella sexy on the right chic. I love all types of females, im attracted to plain Jane's and tatted pin up suicide type girls. What i don't like are the ghetto or jail house type tattoos on a girl, i prefer a sexy sleeve.
I find a little ink, placed properly, and tastefully, quite appealing. What I'm talking about, are these attractive young women, taking the focus away from their looks, by covering themselves in ink. I just don't get it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
To me it depends also on where the tat is. I don't like when they place it on a spot that is already sexy by itself.
I really hate belly tattoos. Especially when they do a sun around the navel.
I also hate the one on top of the tit. Actually anywhere on the tit is a turn off.
But I do find neck tattoos very sexy if done right.
Sleeve tats on athletic woman work for me also.
And of course a tramp stamp is just that.

Last edited:
Thank you.
There are still a lot of companies that frown on visible tattoos One of the companies I deal with the rule is if you are in public view all tattoos mist be covered and management if you have below elbow you must wear long sleeve shirts one reason why I did not go on forearm I enjoy my short sleeves

To me it depends also on where the tat is. I don't like when they place it on a spot that is already sexy by itself.
I really hate belly tattoos. Especially when they do a sun around the navel.
I also hate the one on top of the tit. Actually anywhere on the tit is a turn off.
But I do find neck tattoos very sexy if done right.
Sleeve tats on athletic woman work for me also.
And of course a tramp stamp is just that.
Well said, sir. Well said.

Depends upon the woman some who are tatted all over I find pretty sexy.

Generally though I just like a judicious flower or something similar not too big maybe on a shoulder.

If you notice enough have it on their backs that way THEY don't have to see it. lol

But yes it's rampant including now with many older woman. It's one reason why many of them don't have any money. Let's see rent or food? Ok lemme tat!! Sigh.

I've spoken with some about it any many of them say they don't know why they got it in the first place and although they don't regreat it per se that if that they were to do it over again they wouldn't. Top reason for doing it: had nothing else to do.

Well placed tatts that are done with some thought and meaning are a great way to break the ice for me.. I have quite a few myself and I find having an intelligent conversation with a companion leads to a better session... The jailhouse ink that I have seen on some are just that .. ghetto and random.. kinda translates over to their personality in some cases..
I do find tattoos can be very addictive and a way to express one’s personality to an extent

Well placed tatts that are done with some thought and meaning are a great way to break the ice for me.. I have quite a few myself and I find having an intelligent conversation with a companion leads to a better session... The jailhouse ink that I have seen on some are just that .. ghetto and random.. kinda translates over to their personality in some cases..
I do find tattoos can be very addictive and a way to express one’s personality to an extent
A well placed and discrete tattoo is very sexy and intimate as only the person who has it and certain close individuals actually know where it is and its meaning.

I've been wondering about this subject for a while (actually I wonder about a lot of things and am glad to see that there is at least one that apparently others wonder about). I am simply clueless as to why anyone would do extensive tats. I wonder if any of the younger women realize that, unlike piercings that when you remove the items in the pierce close up leaving perhaps a small scar, unless you want to undergo expensive and painful removal, that tats are forever and may not be all that attractive as people get into their older years when skin ( and tits) wrinkle and sag. I can understand why someone would want to experiment with extreme hair styles and colors — all are totally reversible as the hair can be cut and color can grow out, etc.

Anyway, at my gym (higher end chain place — in price anyway) there are men and women who are literally covered head to toe in tats.

There appears to be more women with tats than men and for women tats covering shoulder and arms much more so than a flower on the shoulder or ankle. Men there either have no tats or tats covering forearms and legs from knee down with a couple having tats completely covering from the shoulder down to the ankle. I don't recall any men over, say 60, having any tats and women over 50 may have a single flower like a rose, on ankle. Many of the NYC firemen, active and retired, will have some type of relatively discreet tat, say something to do with their profession, on their upper arms.

Never seen any tats on Asian men or women (at the club anyway — lots in the Flushing AMPs — one even had a 6" diameter 8 pointed yellow and red star each one centered at her nips — quite a sight that I did not find attractive at all) and only one black woman I saw at the club had a tat. Haven't seen tats on Hispanic men or women at the club.

I don't recall seeing any men with beards other than a few blacks with closely trimmed ones.