2020 Yankees

I don't think we will get him, or Strasburg. I would be fine with Wheeler, a stud reliever, and a solid Lefty bat for the lineup.

Interesting article I read about Strasburg's Tommy John, and how ligaments last upwards of 7-8 years after surgery. He had his in 2010. I am on the fence with him.

Cole I would love, but not at the cost. Maybe 6 years at 200 million, but even as I am typing that, I am shaking my head saying, "really?!"

If we never had picked up Joanne-Carlo......Awful!

I don't think we will get him, or Strasburg. I would be fine with Wheeler, a stud reliever, and a solid Lefty bat for the lineup.

Interesting article I read about Strasburg's Tommy John, and how ligaments last upwards of 7-8 years after surgery. He had his in 2010. I am on the fence with him.

Cole I would love, but not at the cost. Maybe 6 years at 200 million, but even as I am typing that, I am shaking my head saying, "really?!"

If we never had picked up Joanne-Carlo......Awful!
Wheeler is sooo shaky :( we really need a ace that we can give the the ball to in a game 7. This is our chance to land a ace finally! We should pull the trigger and get Cole. Yanks gonna say some money on didi leaving and we could try and trade happ to make the numbers work.

I agree with not going for Strasberg. He has a lot of problems other than the Tommy John surgery. I just find it funny that Tommy John himself pitched 14 seasons after he had the first ever surgery and now guys can't last half that time?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree with not going for Strasberg. He has a lot of problems other than the Tommy John surgery. I just find it funny that Tommy John himself pitched 14 seasons after he had the first ever surgery and now guys can't last half that time?
He really didn't throw hard after that. He just replied on that sinker.
I liked him, I liked to watch him pitch.
If not for the time he missed and the strike in 1981 he would have won 300 games.

I think Billy nailed it, he didn't throw as hard as these kids do today. He pitched to lots of contact, let the fielders do their job. These days its all about power and throwing high nineties, strikeouts. More pressure on the pitchers to power pitch. Could def be why the surgeries aren't holding up as long.

Regardless, I don't think we have a chance at either Stras or Cole. So no worries.

Wheeler is sooo shaky :( we really need a ace that we can give the the ball to in a game 7. This is our chance to land a ace finally! We should pull the trigger and get Cole. Yanks gonna say some money on didi leaving and we could try and trade happ to make the numbers work.
Shaky yes, but way more dominant last few years than shaky. His stuff is excellent and he has handled NY for the last 8 years. He fits the mold of power pitcher / K type that the Yanks saber metrics people look for. 4 years and 85 million as opposed to 8 years and 250 million for Cole. I would take a chance on Wheeler, use that saved money to plug other holes. I still think we need a legit lefty bat in the lineup everyday not named Gardner.

I want Cole
He's a beast.
I don't care what he cost.
CC is talking too him about pitching in NY. Hopefully that helps.
At 250 million? I would LOVE him at 6 years 200 million, but just don't think that gets it done. I think Wheeler is that game 7 guy in right environment with right coaching.

But remember, Tommy john went from a flame thrower to throwing junk, after the surgery. and winning.

At 250 million? I would LOVE him at 6 years 200 million, but just don't think that gets it done. I think Wheeler is that game 7 guy in right environment with right coaching.
And the right lineup. Wheeler can be that borderline ace for the Yanks, but he is a bulldog, and with that hitting, it could be a really match.

I fully expect Cole to sign with the Angels. They gave that crazy ten year contract to Pujols, with that money coming off in two years, they can afford another ridiculous contract.

I'm all for signing Wheeler and confident that a healthy Severino, Paxton, Tanaka still put us right there with anybody.

I fully expect Cole to sign with the Angels. They gave that crazy ten year contract to Pujols, with that money coming off in two years, they can afford another ridiculous contract.

I'm all for signing Wheeler and confident that a healthy Severino, Paxton, Tanaka still put us right there with anybody.
They learned their lesson Albert has been a huge waste of money. I could understand trouts contract Bc he’s the best player in baseball and he’s soo young.