Halal food truck on 107 just north of OCR

I see someone on the regular up this way about 3x a month, always late night. Every time I'm in the area I see this food truck with a line about 10 ppl deep no matter what time of night it is. I never stop b/c even at 2am there's a long line. I asked the girl what kind of food it is. She says it's the best halal food locally. I luv me some good halal food. I was there tonight and I guess it's so cold out, only 3 ppl on line. I park and get out, the air smells amazing! After about 5 minutes I get to the window and order a mix gyro with chicken and lamb. The guys in the truck were friendly and funny. I'm not going to say that the truck would pass a surprise visit from the board of health, but I've eaten from worse venues. The portion was huge and the hot sauce was actually damn hot! It was delicious. 5 bucks for the grub and a buck in the tip jar. Best gyro I've had in a long time.
If you're in the area and you've got a hankering, I recommend. Not the girl, she's UTR, the food, silly!

There's a lot of these throughout NYC, they're my go-to when I'm on my way home exhausted, can't go too wrong, although some carts/trucks skimp on herbs and vegs and just put lettuce only and I try to avoid those locations especially if I'm feeling for some falafel (which is sorely missing throughout NYC). Ditto for when I'm on Roosevelt in Queens $2 tacos just can't beat. Some of this can be gotten in some NYC pizza places now but just not the same.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
There's a lot of these throughout NYC, they're my go-to when I'm on my way home exhausted, can't go too wrong, although some carts/trucks skimp on herbs and vegs and just put lettuce only and I try to avoid those locations especially if I'm feeling for some falafel (which is sorely missing throughout NYC). Ditto for when I'm on Roosevelt in Queens $2 tacos just can't beat. Some of this can be gotten in some NYC pizza places now but just not the same.
I see someone on the regular up this way about 3x a month, always late night. Every time I'm in the area I see this food truck with a line about 10 ppl deep no matter what time of night it is. I never stop b/c even at 2am there's a long line. I asked the girl what kind of food it is. She says it's the best halal food locally. I luv me some good halal food. I was there tonight and I guess it's so cold out, only 3 ppl on line. I park and get out, the air smells amazing! After about 5 minutes I get to the window and order a mix gyro with chicken and lamb. The guys in the truck were friendly and funny. I'm not going to say that the truck would pass a surprise visit from the board of health, but I've eaten from worse venues. The portion was huge and the hot sauce was actually damn hot! It was delicious. 5 bucks for the grub and a buck in the tip jar. Best gyro I've had in a long time.
If you're in the area and you've got a hankering, I recommend. Not the girl, she's UTR, the food, silly!
That was you????? I get the traditional gyro. I think they get a lot of business from the Colombian bar that’s right there.
Damn I should have tailed you to the UTR...lol

That was you????? I get the traditional gyro. I think they get a lot of business from the Colombian bar that’s right there.
Damn I should have tailed you to the UTR...lol
I thought my spidey senses were tingling! I hit the UTR before the grub or at that time of night I would have passed out on a full belly before the deed...

I would love to try many of these food trucks the only thing that keeps me away is that I can’t help but to think where do they go when they have to use the bathroom ?!?! And how well do they clean up after they figure a stealthy way of relieving themselves

I would love to try many of these food trucks the only thing that keeps me away is that I can’t help but to think where do they go when they have to use the bathroom ?!?! And how well do they clean up after they figure a stealthy way of relieving themselves
Maybe they have the little signs that say "employees MUST wash their hands after using the facilities." I'm sure such signs would be just as effective to the truck employees as they are to those of brick and mortar places. :rolleyes:

If you only knew what you breathe in with every breath every day...
The normal fauna and flora that is in and on our own bodies...
I'm still here and I ate that whole damn thing the other night.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained...
But also, to each their own...

Maybe they have the little signs that say "employees MUST wash their hands after using the facilities." I'm sure such signs would be just as effective to the truck employees as they are to those of brick and mortar places. :rolleyes:
True but what bathroom / washroom are they using in the truck. Just something that has allways been on my mind when I see any of the mobile food trucks I’m sure the food is very good , just my OCD getting the best of me

They showed that on an undercover hidden camera many years ago....guy going behind a tree..taking care of biz...going back to truck..no cleanup!

Should see the guys in the city near Radio City Musichall. In a blizzard there'd still be 30 people on line. They've been on the food network too. Food is pretty damn awesome. They franchise all over the world now as well, even have an app lol.

Well the guy here in queens go to the bar and leave his truck abandon.

Has anyone tried "The Boss of The Taco's" on corner of Ditmars BLVD and 38th in Astoria? Their tongue taco was outrageous! Its a food truck, highly recommend if anyone is in the area.