2019 Yankees

I thought Boone was too quick with the hook on Paxton.
At the time, I did so as well. His bullpen management would have been questioned had we lossed.

Additionally, having Stanton swing at 3-0 (swung at ball four) was reckless with Gleyber on deck in the first inning.

The Yanks looked liked the superior team last night.

Yanks look like they are gonna end this series quick. Minnesota pitching is not able to get Yanks out.Speaking of pitching watched both Houston games and Verlander and Cole look unhittable right now!!

Yanks look like they are gonna end this series quick. Minnesota pitching is not able to get Yanks out.Speaking of pitching watched both Houston games and Verlander and Cole look unhittable right now!!
Cole was a beast, not sure how you beat him or the Astros in a 7 game series. He is going to make some silly money in free agency this year.

Minnesota is toast. They can barely win ONE game - forget winning three in a row against the Yankees. Got to admit - Verlander and Cole will be tough to beat. Reminds me of Johnson and Schilling ... but if you remember - we essentially had them beat in 7 games in 2001. If only Mariano had not thrown that double play ball into centerfield.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Cole was a beast, ........He is going to make some silly money in free agency this year.
Which is why I don't think the Yankees will get him. I think the Angels are the favorite right now, he is a Southern California guy and the Angles haven't been in the playoffs in years. I just figure a desperate team like that is more likely to give him a ridiculous contract that Cashman won't match.
And then we are going to have to hear the whinners in this thread bitch about how cheap the Yankees are and that it is only money.

Which is why I don't think the Yankees will get him. I think the Angels are the favorite right now, he is a Southern California guy and the Angles haven't been in the playoffs in years. I just figure a desperate team like that is more likely to give him a ridiculous contract that Cashman won't match.
And then we are going to have to hear the whinners in this thread bitch about how cheap the Yankees are and that it is only money.
I read somewhere that he would never come to NY

As great as he has been, and as bad as the Yankees need an ace like that, I wouldn't be overly upset if we didn't get him. I would be REALLY worried about the wear and tear on his arm after the last few seasons, especially this one.

We drafted him years ago and he chose to go to college rather than be a Yankee. Maybe he doesn't want to be in NY.

I would Never say that. But, they may be a point where he has to break the bank for a Number 1 starter... Wouldnt you think?
As great as he has been, and as bad as the Yankees need an ace like that, I wouldn't be overly upset if we didn't get him. I would be REALLY worried about the wear and tear on his arm after the last few seasons, especially this one.

We drafted him years ago and he chose to go to college rather than be a Yankee. Maybe he doesn't want to be in NY.
CC said that also at one point. Many players have said that. CC loves it here as much as anyone who ever played here. I think that is also why Yank fans like CC so much because he was honest about not wanting to come here, then he gets traded here, and he fell in love....

Money changes that thinking real fast.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I would Never say that. But, they may be a point where he has to break the bank for a Number 1 starter... Wouldnt you think?

CC said that also at one point. Many players have said that. CC loves it here as much as anyone who ever played here. I think that is also why Yank fans like CC so much because he was honest about not wanting to come here, then he gets traded here, and he fell in love....
CC wasn't traded here he came on his own as a Free Agent

billyS

Reign of Terror
Jeez, I thought the Twins would put up a bigger fight. This was the best Twins team they played in the playoffs.
Yet the Twins just seemed to bend over, pull their pants down and just let the Yankees fuck them in the ass as hard as they wanted. No vasoline, no reach around, just total domination.

You are right Billy. The TWins had their chances they just did not come through. Yankees were good but certainly not great. The Twins bent over and sucked their own assholes. I am not complaining mind you. It's good to have a patsy we can beat every single time. Now ... let's hope Tampa can take out Houston! OR ... at least take them to a 5th game and wear them out a bit. I am definitely more afraid of Houston than Tampa ... but a part of me wants to fuck up that tiny midget and the rest of those assholes. I want to see those douchebags crying in the dugout like Freddy Patek!