Burner Phones

I'm a bit unclear. That is, if it's to use standard resources, how could it not go through the permission protocol? Or perhaps to phase it another way, what is the alternative strategy you're considering to it doing so without the permission?

Nothing is as secure as a dumb phone purchased using cash. Having that said, that is not an option for me due to SO questions. I'm using an app on my android phone. Any app will need a lot of permissions since you have to use it to call, text and voicemail. The will have to have spy app level permissions and you have to trust that they are not. It the balance between trust, convenience and security. There is no right answer.

I use Textfree. It’s a free app, you pick a phone number in any area code, I disable almost all permissions, banners, notifications, etc. you keep the same number as long as you use it once a month.
Location services, microphone, banners, ringer, use cellular data and about about everything else is disabled.

I have multiple apps in groups like “entertainment”, “finance”, “shopping”, etc and I hide the Textfree app on the second page of one of my groups. If I didn’t know where it is, I couldn’t find it.

I use Textfree. It’s a free app, you pick a phone number in any area code, I disable almost all permissions, banners, notifications, etc. you keep the same number as long as you use it once a month.
Location services, microphone, banners, ringer, use cellular data and about about everything else is disabled.

I have multiple apps in groups like “entertainment”, “finance”, “shopping”, etc and I hide the Textfree app on the second page of one of my groups. If I didn’t know where it is, I couldn’t find it.
Yea I had it before I got all paranoid... Might consider it again. Thanks for ur thoughts guys

BTW, I notice that textnow messages sent via logging on through the web don't always show up when logged on through the app. Any way to fix that?

I recently lost my burner phone, and didn't want to bother to replace since I have scaled back my Mongering. For when I do I started using Google Voice. This morning when I logged in I noticed my account has been suspended. I put in a request to reinstate the account and was wondering if anyone has experience with this or has gone through this, what are the chances google reinstates me?

I've had GV for years, and only when I stop using a number does it seem to fiz out, usually preceded by them emailing me. My current GV numbers get enough use so I don't recall if the previous numbers were actually suspended or terminated but if so then maybe in your case it could be from lack of use. If you've been using it, not sure what may have got it suspended, perhaps they thought you were using it to spam. Just a guess.

Yeah Unfortunately it wasn't suspended for lack of use, i just started using it, I was text someone from SA and called them out for using a fake profile.they must have reported me somehow and now google has suspended me, I tried to appeal to google but the denied me.

I use Google voice when I sign up for websites that send you a text verification code, but for important sites I use my real number.

It's also a good number to give to people you don't want to be doxxed from

Brb

I did quick search and didn't find a recent thread on this topic - forgive me if this has been addressed before. Can anyone give me advice on using burner Phones vs. an App? I am see pros and cons for each. When using the Burner App, do those texts and calls show up on your itemized phone bill? Any advice would be appreciated.

I use Text-Free and it doesn't for me (show up on my bill). I purchased some minutes but not required. It has worked flawlessly without a hitch in the past year. I like the ''block'' feature because my regular phone doesn't have it. If someone is being persistent I just block it and it never rings again.

The thing with a burner phone you got to keep it charged. You can get a cheap one but it's still a pain to carry around two phones. The only upside about having another phone imo is that if you add the contact you can find these girls easier on social media as it separates from your phone contacts.

Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp etc etc.

I use Text-Free and it doesn't for me (show up on my bill). I purchased some minutes but not required. .....
May I ask how you "purchased some minutes." I assume that unless you buy a disposable VISA card for cash that with enough effort a text made can be traced back to you.

May I ask how you "purchased some minutes." I assume that unless you buy a disposable VISA card for cash that with enough effort a text made can be traced back to you.
You can buy them in CVS, Walgreens and such and get someone to buy it for you in return of a 6 pack and call it a day. I am not worried about a text being traced back to me because I never explicitly talk sexually via text. I always screen everyone thoroughly and while I would like to discuss in details I think that would break some forum rules.

I talk on text just as I do normally on my real phone just not add explicit text to it and be very careful if I decide to meet someone new specifically if they aren't reviewed anywhere.

I believe there is a long discussion about this.
Safer is to use two phones purchased with cash or a disposable VISA card.
Convenient but not very safe is to use an app. I use burner app. It does not show on my bill. Company is in CA so not very safe, but it would take some effort to get the records. Safe from my SO, and there are no questions about having two phones...
Ultimately, there is significant risk participating in this hobby, or even posting about it online...

trac-fone paid in cash and refills are in cash only. register using a gmail account and turn off gps/location services so its completely untraceable. i use a pin to lock the phone and keep it in my car. if asked i found it on the train. done
used this system for over 5 years.

People, thought I'd update this thread a bit with some more relative info. These tin hat discussions always generate a bit of buzz, and I cannot help myself, ha..

For those of you who are not aware, pictures that are posted or used as avatars have something attached to them called metadata. This can be used a number of ways to de-anonymize in certain hands. Everyone is being super careful about links, particular discussions, and ip addresses, so this is something else to watch out for. One example of de-anonymizing metadata from a picture is the embedded serial number of the phone or camera used to take the picture. Or the user that last modified the permissions.. Things like that..

I hope I am able to post this link. It is just a bunch of very useful information pertaining to this thread, where a burner phone seems to be more and more necessary. Happy Veterans Day, all! https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Documentation

IMHO, under current law they don't have to, there's nothing in it for them and would cause them to lose sales. So I would say no.

Yup - that's the way things are now. However it doesn't take a huge technological leap to record info as the EZ pass collection process (antennas, receivers, network to interconnect it all in order to calculate drive times) is set up if a change in the law happens to record the data.

I would like to point out that (at least as of a few years ago) ALL emails from outside the US coming in went thru two processing centers, were recorded and searched for key text/words that may be of interest to US intelligence agencies. Foreign nationals do not have the same rights as US citizens and I assume when the emails were determined to be between US citzens that the info was discarded.
Hmmm. How confident are you of your rights as a US citizen? There has been a massive and steady loss of privacy starting with the Bush administration and it has continued with Obama and now with Trump. Now even established constitutional rights are in open debate (not just the 1st and 2nd amendments...). Prostitution has been redefined and upgraded to human trafficking. What's next?

trac-fone paid in cash and refills are in cash only. register using a gmail account and turn off gps/location services so its completely untraceable. i use a pin to lock the phone and keep it in my car. if asked i found it on the train. done
used this system for over 5 years.
Nothing electronic is completely untraceable. You can only up the degree of difficulty.

I use a second phone because apps can access your contacts. Weird things can happen, criss crossing information with Google, Facebook and other apps. Next thing you know, your significant other receives an invitation or friend suggestion that you don't want.
I agree. Slowly but surely all of the phone apps are requiring access to contacts. They used to let you choose whether or not you wish to grant access, but now most of them will not let you make phone calls without it. I still use Burner, and I love it. They are still holding strong, and have a bunch of features. Paid service, but quite nice IMO.

I'd hate to have my boss' wife receive a friend suggestion from "Anal Annie". Not sure I can talk my way out of that...