You know you've having a bad day when the dead guy beats you in the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2000, John Ashcroft lost a US Senate race in Missouri to someone who died two weeks earlier.

George W Bush would then make Ashcroft Attorney General of the United States.

In 2000, John Ashcroft lost a US Senate race in Missouri to someone who died two weeks earlier.

George W Bush would then make Ashcroft Attorney General of the United States.
In this instance, due to the other candidate's tragic death, I think the voters did it out of respect for the deceased. Also, that candidate had been the Governor previously, so he may have been well liked to begin with. From what I read, though, the race was close - 50% to 49%.

This is drifting towards a political discussion. With tempers higher than anytime in my lifetime, does this make sense in this forum? Plenty of other places to vent political passions.

This is drifting towards a political discussion. With tempers higher than anytime in my lifetime, does this make sense in this forum? Plenty of other places to vent political passions.
I wasn't going towards a political discussion. His comment seemed to be a slam against Slinky. He doesn't need me defending him but I find it wierd that the guy who created this forum would have someone seemingly saying a negative thing about him IF that was what he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.