Note to Newbies: read the rule regarding posting format for review or ISO thread titles

Too many newbs are getting banned and/or having their threads closed, because they can't follow or aren't aware of the rule for creating a title when posting a new thread.

Here is the rule: http://utopiaguide.com/forums/threads/titles-of-iso-and-review-threads.48662/ Read it before posting a review or an ISO (is-seeking-out) query, less you suffer the consequences.

Slinky seems to have gotten so fed up that he's not even commenting before closing a thread. Can't blame him. He probably is starting to feel like a broken record. (Yes, I know that saying ages me. For you youngsters, a record is a round vinyl recording that plays music when placed on a record turntable with a needle traveling along the grooves on the disc. This form of media pre-dates 8 track tapes, cassettes, and CD's, of which you also may not be aware.)

Question, some review have "Utopia Guide Review" listed in Review at the top. Is that something we place there or the Moderator? If it's something we place there, is it just posting and html format? Thanks.

Question, some review have "Utopia Guide Review" listed in Review at the top. Is that something we place there or the Moderator? If it's something we place there, is it just posting and html format? Thanks.
That was something Banacek came up with as a mod. He figured that, especially in those provider's threads with a lot of comments in between reviews, it would make it easier to find the actual reviews themselves if they were self titled. He could add it as a mod, or you can do it yourself by changing the font size and color. I'm not sure how often it's being done any more, but it is/was a good idea.

That was something Banacek came up with as a mod. He figured that, especially in those provider's threads with a lot of comments in between reviews, it would make it easier to find the actual reviews themselves if they were self titled. He could add it as a mod, or you can do it yourself by changing the font size and color. I'm not sure how often it's being done any more, but it is/was a good idea.
LOL. I just noted that Mr. Joyboy seems to have adopted this as a trademark in his reviews of Mandy in Ronkonkoma and then I moved on to the next new post and here you were. Funny coincidence.

Well, I saw it in Mr. Joyboy's posts and some older one, but I hadn't seen it in a while, so I was curious how they got tagged that way.

Well, I saw it in Mr. Joyboy's posts and some older one, but I hadn't seen it in a while, so I was curious how they got tagged that way.
I answered this on Mandy’s thread but, as Wizard pointed out, it’s a throwback to something Banacek tried to formalize years ago but it never really took hold after he left. For a while, he took it upon himself to retrofit older reviews with the subhead and I don’t know how far back he went, but I liked the idea and thought it gave a status to review posts that differentiated them from simple comments. Of course my reviews tend to be pretty rambling so you don’t really need a red subhead to know if it’s a “Mr. Joyboy review”; if you have to scroll three screens or more it’s either from me or Sculptor69, lol!

At this point, use of the tag is totally voluntary and at the discretion of the poster. A few guys still use it in some form, but I think I’m the only one to use the original Banacek-approved format.

Last edited by a moderator: