Net Neutrality

To whomever is doing the censoring/moderating.. Was there some reason that my response to genius saying "Good read, thank you" was censored? Or did I just dream that I responded to it and never actually did? As insidious as it sounds I was actually thanking him for turning me on to the book. What hidden rule did I break??

To whomever is doing the censoring/moderating.. Was there some reason that my response to genius saying "Good read, thank you" was censored? Or did I just dream that I responded to it and never actually did? As insidious as it sounds I was actually thanking him for turning me on to the book. What hidden rule did I break??
FWIW, you didn't dream it. I saw it.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
You guys complain no matter who is moderating. When it was me, you complained about me. Then you guys got Banacek and you treated him so poorly that he threw up his hands and said fuck it. Now you've got Waterclone and you are complaining about him. These guys do a very tough job for no compensation and all you do is bitch about it.

I will add that I am constantly shaking my head at the stuff that needs to be moderated here. For example everyone should know about what's going on with FOSTA/SESTA but when we are one of the only boards still around where you can actually post reviews what happens? The amount of posts which not only break the rules but might run afoul of the new regulations dramatically increased. And I personally have made more than one post saying that things would be tightening up around here. So if you've made ANY posts which have broken the rules and been deleted, you shouldn't be surprised if any of the moderators are looking at every post since that more carefully and not letting any of your posts which don't wake definitive positive contributions through. I have also personally made many posts saying that if you come here and piss on a moderator's shoes don't be surprised at the results.

PS The number of posts asking people to communicate privately with them has dramatically increased in the past few weeks. We used to automatically ban people for that and now we're just putting them on permanently moderated status. So if anything we are getting more lenient.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
This is the hidden rule you broke

NOTE WELL

There will be no discussion of how the website is being run, who is here, who is not here, choices made by moderators, etc.

Anyone who violates this will be immediately banned, no questions asked and no quarter given.

END OF STORY
As it happens, not only have you been a pain in the ass, but you have such poor reading comprehension that you ended up accusing me of blaming Genlock for getting the Gofundme campaign cancelled, and then said I owed him an apology. As I never said anything about the campaign, nor blamed anyone for it's cancellation, you are the idiot who owes someone an apology.

You are lucky Slinky only moderated you.

So, what was wrong with your "Good read, thank you" post? It wasn't an apology. That is what was wrong with it.

This is the hidden rule you broke
As it happens, not only have you been a pain in the ass, but you have such poor reading comprehension that you ended up accusing me of blaming Genlock for getting the Gofundme campaign cancelled, and then said I owed him an apology. As I never said anything about the campaign, nor blamed anyone for it's cancellation, you are the idiot who owes someone an apology.

You are lucky Slinky only moderated you.

So, what was wrong with your "Good read, thank you" post? It wasn't an apology. That is what was wrong with it.
I cannot argue with your logic. You are right. I am a pain in the ass, my reading comprehension skills suck and I am a total idiot. I agree with you that I am very lucky that Slinky only moderated me. I have learned my lesson. I apologize profusely to everyone reading this for my behavior and it will never happen again. :(