What's wrong with AMPs on Long Island?

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after low pricing is forgotten".
--Benjamin Franklin
I was a bit taken aback that Benjamin Franklin would have authored such an awkward expression. Now my source is the Internet, so take it for what it’s worth, but your quotation seems to actually be attributable to a Leon M. Cautillo based on a number of citations. It seems possible that Cautillo may have “appropriated” the phrase because one that appears to be attributable to Franklin goes “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”. I think the balance and style of that phrase lends itself more to a timeless Benjamin Franklin quotation than the former. Kudos to Slinky, for bringing the quote to light regardless of the actual phrasing. As true a maxim as that is in any situation, it’s certainly the case in this hobby.

AMPs are convenient. If you are hungry and you are passing a 7-11 ... you may just run in and get one of those microwaveable cheeseburgers. Yeah it is cheap and quick but also horrid. Sure you want that beautiful steak from the steakhouse .... but you can't wait to make a reservation and then pay a ton of money for it .. what the hell ... you are at the 7-11 and the cheeseburger can be hot and in your mouth in a minute or two.

THAT ... is why we continue to go to these pump and dumps.

I just wish there were some Manhattan quality places out here. I have no qualms about the money.

yeah ... the 7-11 cheeseburger is AWFUL. This was late night when delis aren't open and most of the drive thrus are closed. This was years ago when I was out and about late at night. My friend used to call it the "truckstopper" because it tasted like brake linings.

140 Jericho Syosset both had younger, nicer-looking girls. I say "had" because I haven't been to either place since February as they're out of the way for me and things could have changed - I don't know what 140 is like after the incident DireWolf reported,
You can scratch this one off the list; I was in the neighborhood today and pulled into the parking lot. All the signs are gone and the phone number is disconnected.

yeah ... the 7-11 cheeseburger is AWFUL. This was late night when delis aren't open and most of the drive thrus are closed. This was years ago when I was out and about late at night. My friend used to call it the "truckstopper" because it tasted like brake linings.
Before you eat a burger from 7-11, you should at least go to your nearest 24hr white castle :D

for me the long island amp scene is a waste of time.
years back there were a few good ones,small sidestreet place in oceanside and one near 107 and OC rd.
both long closed..
now i find flushing to be the only place where you can get a 30 to $40 hour massage and a $20 tip
is ok for a good rub n tug...
there are a few independents i am looking to try out..
to me to pay $60 for a average massage and fork over $40 to $60 more for a tug is not my
way to partake..
plus i think flushing is like the wild wild west where it seems leo turns the other way..

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
The AMP scene everywhere is a shadow of it's former self. I remember in the 1980s there was a place on Northern Blvd not to far from the 59th St bridge which had a fucking swimming pool and projection TVs and a real bar. They always had at least 20 girls who were all in their early 20's (some younger).

I don't post much here but all my atf's are gone on LI. What a wasted investment if you know what I mean. I recently tried a few inside the Queens border..that's still part of Long Island so posting about them here should be OK, if so I'll post a complete report but I found a place about 10 minutes into Queens along the Belt with some nice solid doors, table showers and little young Korean ladies in cute little negligees. Problem was 40 for a HE was accepted but she had a puss on the whole time, she wanted 60...but she went at it pretty good, lots of under the cover rear action but no touchy the titties...I guess that would be the full 60...but they were real nice..next time I will go for the 60. I am sure you can get whatever you want there.

Is this LI forum an OK place to post about Queens? It IS Long Island after all.

The numbers on my spreadsheet: from July 2013 through July 2014, 13 months, I visited 60 non-legit AMPs. I rated SIX of those experiences 8 or better on a scale of 1-10. Three of those were with the elusive Michele/Grace/Snow/etc. when she was at 627 Broadway Massapequa. The other three were at places that are also no longer open. That means that I had a great time in only 10% of my visits. Admittedly I didn't go to some of the popular spots like the one on Jerusalem Ave. in East Meadow as I'm nervous about places that are in residential type buildings. But 10% is not worth it and I've also cut back drastically due to finances and am going mostly to legit spas now.

It sucks that only a handful of maybe 40-50 guys contribute reviews considering how many thousands of views a thread gets. I reviewed 575 Broadway Amityville two months ago and it has 2,800 views but no one else has contributed any experiences there.

The numbers on my spreadsheet: from July 2013 through July 2014, 13 months, I visited 60 non-legit AMPs. I rated SIX of those experiences 8 or better on a scale of 1-10. Three of those were with the elusive Michele/Grace/Snow/etc. when she was at 627 Broadway Massapequa. The other three were at places that are also no longer open. That means that I had a great time in only 10% of my visits. Admittedly I didn't go to some of the popular spots like the one on Jerusalem Ave. in East Meadow as I'm nervous about places that are in residential type buildings. But 10% is not worth it and I've also cut back drastically due to finances and am going mostly to legit spas now.

It sucks that only a handful of maybe 40-50 guys contribute reviews considering how many thousands of views a thread gets. I reviewed 575 Broadway Amityville two months ago and it has 2,800 views but no one else has contributed any experiences there.
Mine arent any better

Since January I've been to 11 AMPs. Of those 11, only 7 are still open, and of those 7 I will only return to MAYBE 1-3 of them, and I will definitely return to only 1. 3 out of 4 of the ones that closed I was a very satisfied repeat customer.

There are plenty of amps where you can get a middle aged lady in the 5-7 range ... but that is not what most are looking for. Royal spa is one that I like but that is because it is close, convenient, on budget and I get a decent rub with a fairly well executed HE. aside from that that there is a FS spot on Sunrise Hwy in West Babylon that will have 7's. I just don't like the rimming. SO .... there are a few spots that are OK .. but none that have young good looking girls. I too have found alternatives that are more expensive ... they are also worth it. I think the AMP industry is actually thriving. Look how many shops there are ... and they all survive. If they get busted they just open up elsewhere. There are plenty of hobbyists going to AMPs and happy to pay middle aged average to ugly ladies good money. Unfortunately when one opens up with young good looking talent ... they get overrun by mongers which attracts attention and gets the place shut down.

By the way that wasn't 60 different AMPs I visited, but 60 visits to 26 different AMPs. Royal Spa sounds good but its a bit too far for me. I know about the FS place on Sunrise but that's the type of residential place I'm nervous about visiting, and I'm usually not looking for FS. So my rating system is not the same as everyone else's. Getting a good massage is part of the deal for me, as well as getting the full time I paid for, not 45 minutes when I paid for an hour. Attitude is important too. These are things that can lower my ratings.
I'm sure the AMP owners are thriving despite all the places that have closed in the past year as most of them weren't busted. If a location isn't working, they just open elsewhere. There was a place at 1265 Montauk Hwy Copiague that lasted only a week before being shut for building violations. I was there opening day after seeing the BP ad and the phone was ringing off the hook as my masseuse kept fielding calls during the massage, so the AMP owners know that guys are monitoring BP closely for new places. On one of the calls, the woman directed the caller to the place on Merrick Rd in Merrick that recently closed, so they had the same owners. The place was a dump anyway.

There are plenty of amps where you can get a middle aged lady in the 5-7 range ... but that is not what most are looking for. Royal spa is one that I like but that is because it is close, convenient, on budget and I get a decent rub with a fairly well executed HE. aside from that that there is a FS spot on Sunrise Hwy in West Babylon that will have 7's. I just don't like the rimming. SO .... there are a few spots that are OK .. but none that have young good looking girls. I too have found alternatives that are more expensive ... they are also worth it. I think the AMP industry is actually thriving. Look how many shops there are ... and they all survive. If they get busted they just open up elsewhere. There are plenty of hobbyists going to AMPs and happy to pay middle aged average to ugly ladies good money. Unfortunately when one opens up with young good looking talent ... they get overrun by mongers which attracts attention and gets the place shut down.
I went to Royal once and had only an OK experience, but it is also very far for me most of the week, as is the place on Sunrise. I don't even mind the age of a provider if they are well kept and skilled. I got FS with a provider who had to be 50ish and she gave the best CBJ I've ever gotten complete with ball licking/sucking, and probably the tightest snatch of any provider I've had, but the massage sucked and her attitude like 5min into plowing her was kinda crappy so I won't go back.

What I'm looking for is consistency and a good attitude. So tired of going to these places where these girls are just borderline rude to rude and over the top pushy with tips.

I went to Royal once and had only an OK experience, but it is also very far for me most of the week, as is the place on Sunrise. I don't even mind the age of a provider if they are well kept and skilled. I got FS with a provider who had to be 50ish and she gave the best CBJ I've ever gotten complete with ball licking/sucking, and probably the tightest snatch of any provider I've had, but the massage sucked and her attitude like 5min into plowing her was kinda crappy so I won't go back.

What I'm looking for is consistency and a good attitude. So tired of going to these places where these girls are just borderline rude to rude and over the top pushy with tips.
Try 87 in Hicksville. Always happy when I leave there.

Finally figured out how to find 87 a few weeks ago.

It is a busy area by a firehouse with lots of foot traffic
around and other businesses. (restaurants, accountants, etc)

It was 60 house (hour) or 40 house (half).

Took 60 for the hour.
I needed a massage so most of of the hour was a decent rub.
Did not push for extras.

Got standard HE and tipped 40.

It is a well know place - with a whole thread - so someone else
may have better details.