Has it been 9 years?

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I believe my UG Join Date is November 2004. I remember it was Veterans Day when I joined. Dumbartons and Nickels closed in late October and I was looking for an alternative.

Man, UG was a much different place back then. Bunyon and I sort of carved a niche in the "not paying for it" venue. From 2004-2006, I was probably the most popular poster on the board. Looking back at old posts, I was actually a pretty decent writer. Then...

...I started reading my headlines and pretty much self destructed. I kind of got caught up in being gavycrav and not myself. I started going out just for the next epic post, not for the good times. I think we figured that I blew about $75k in 2005,2006,2007. Crazy stuff! And I had a mortgage and child support to pay! Jeez...

I had much publicized feuds with a couple of posters. Man, just some ridiculous stuff. I've since reached out to a couple of those guys; no response but I hope they know I'm sincere in my apologies.

So, early 2009 I "swear off" the site. Yeah, whatever. I'm still out there, just humbler. Not too much time to post these days juggling 2 gf's and 2 jobs and every other weekend with a pre-teen. Anyway...to the good times! Be safe out there amigos. And if any of you find an active stroll, let me know!!!

I believe my UG Join Date is November 2004. I remember it was Veterans Day when I joined. Dumbartons and Nickels closed in late October and I was looking for an alternative.

Man, UG was a much different place back then. Bunyon and I sort of carved a niche in the "not paying for it" venue. From 2004-2006, I was probably the most popular poster on the board. Looking back at old posts, I was actually a pretty decent writer. Then...

...I started reading my headlines and pretty much self destructed. I kind of got caught up in being gavycrav and not myself. I started going out just for the next epic post, not for the good times. I think we figured that I blew about $75k in 2005,2006,2007. Crazy stuff! And I had a mortgage and child support to pay! Jeez...

I had much publicized feuds with a couple of posters. Man, just some ridiculous stuff. I've since reached out to a couple of those guys; no response but I hope they know I'm sincere in my apologies.

So, early 2009 I "swear off" the site. Yeah, whatever. I'm still out there, just humbler. Not too much time to post these days juggling 2 gf's and 2 jobs and every other weekend with a pre-teen. Anyway...to the good times! Be safe out there amigos. And if any of you find an active stroll, let me know!!!
Lol the money we spent from '05 through '07/'08 on "NP4P" pursuits makes me shutter, no fucking joke btwn us we probably dropped about $100,000 in about 3 or 4 years. And we are by no means wealthy. No hyperbole guys, we went out A LOT, several times per week. Some fun fucking memories I'll always remember but can't do that now, dont want to do that now, have to be smart. I'm spending a lot less on my "entertainment" now but still having fun. With all that dough we spent we could no doubt have our Ficha and/or stripclub somewhere by now. Thats been our dream. Well maybe someday.......and all you fuckers will be invited!!!

Funny I was thinking about all the money I spent in the past 25 years this morning. Could have quite the portfolio by now. Fuck it you only live once I've probably banged as many chicks a a rock star and from all over the world. No regrets

True guys the $$ is alot lol If every time instead of mongering i took that money and put it in the bank,i would have had a nice little nest egg by now....oh well

Hey...I just spotted this thread.

Yes, I remember when Gavy and PB were tearing it up. From my perspective as more of a strip club guy it was interesting to see the alternative approach you took. Let's face it: nobody is really watching the cash outflow when you're caught up in that kinda shit. It's all about where you're going and who you're doing and the rest is all 'what's it gonna take to get me where/what I want'. Enuf said.

Money?
Oh, no.
No, please, no.

Don't mention the money spent on this hobby...No offense guys but from what I remember, I think your estimate might be off by something like a factor of 2.

In my own case? Holy Living Fuck. I don't even want to think about it.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Well, now it is officially 9 years. Although I've probably posted less than 100 posts the last two years, I'm still averaging 3.9 posts a day.

Maybe we can get together soon, folks.

Definitely would like to apologize again for any of the petty wars I engaged in.

Well, now it is officially 9 years. Although I've probably posted less than 100 posts the last two years, I'm still averaging 3.9 posts a day.

Definitely would like to apologize again for any of the petty wars I engaged in.
A lot of time has passed since then, my friend. I doubt that anyone is concerned about it anymore.

Btw Bunyon, when I said "your estimate might be off by something like a factor of 2." I meant you've underestimated by 2.

$100,000 over 3 or 4 years?? No fucking way, not for both of you. Gotta be more like $200,000 for both of you. Figure $25k each for 4 years. How do I know this? Back then I was easily dropping just about the same. Shit, the weekend partying alone was running me $1k+ each time and that was at least twice a month. Now, add in weeknight activities and...oh shit....don't want to think about it!

How about posting in the Mets threads again. Not too many of us Los Mets fans left.